Add Support for CHECK Constraints, Lakshay Arora | GSoC 2018 with phpmyadmin
This feature request is divided in three parts -
- Implement an interface for interacting with these constraints
- Update parser to understand this syntax
- Update the export interface to allow including these in an export
Mysql does not provide any way to alter the definition of a constraint. The main idea is to add support for a constraint and additionally build a feature seperate from mysql to alter a constraint.
I’ve submitted the PR for the first part of the feature. I’m currently working on the sql-parser.(The second part)
Work done -
- SQL parser now recognizes CHECK statements in alter table commands.
Plans for this week-
- Make sql parse fully aware of the CHECK statements.
- Update the export interface to allow including these in an export.