Add Support for CHECK Constraints, Lakshay Arora | GSoC 2018 with phpmyadmin
This feature request is divided in three parts -
- Implement an interface for interacting with these constraints
- Update parser to understand this syntax
- Update the export interface to allow including these in an export
Mysql does not provide any way to alter the definition of a constraint. The main idea is to add support for a constraint and additionally build a feature seperate from mysql to alter a constraint.
I’m currenlty working on the interface to build, edit and drop check constraints.(The first part) Work done -
Implemented UI to add a check constraint during table creation.
Implemented UI to show defined constraints on a table in table structure.
Plans for this week-
- Finish the functionality to add/drop/alter constraints(first part).
- Update parser to understand syntax(second part).